Parking has once again become an emotive issue in both Overton and Middleton so a reminder about the rules regarding parking is perhaps timely.
From the Highway Code Rule 243
DO NOT stop or park:
- near a school entrance
- anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
- at or near a bus stop
- opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
- near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
- opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
- where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
- in front of an entrance to a property
- on a bend
- where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities
except when forced to do so by stationary traffic.
Message Sent By
Nick Baxter (Police, PCSO, Morecambe Rural, Overton & Middleton)
You can sign up to recieve notices like this by email at stayintheknow.co.uk.